Friday, March 25, 2016

#37 Have lunch at Commerce Kitchen

Sometimes I find it hard to believe that I have lived in Huntsville, Alabama area for almost 12 years.  I find it even harder to believe that my family and I have not taken advantage of all that Huntsville has to offer.  I have always stayed out in my little neck of the woods until last summer when I got a job in city.  Haha!  Huntsville is not really a big city, but its bigger than little ole New Market.

My new job not only brought me many new friends, but a chance to see the downtown area and all that it has to offer.  I have loved getting to see and be a part of downtown.  Many of the things on my #kellybeas100things list have to do with downtown Huntsville.  It's my year to really dive in to what the area has to offer.

Commerce Kitchen is one of those things!  I have heard my friends talk and talk about how amazing the food is.  Today was my day to know first hand how fantastic it is.  I met up with Melissa, Jennifer, Megan, Kim, Trish, John and sweet little Issac for lunch.


Melissa and I were the first ones to get there and she was going on and on about a goat cheese salad.  As the rest of my friends showed up I begun to hear about the shrimp and grits, steak and eggs and on and on.  My mouth was watering and I couldn't wait to order.

I went for something totally different and got the Fried Green Tomato BLT with a side salad.  Here's the thing I am not a fan of red, ripe tomato's on any kind of sandwich, but I love fried green tomato's so I just went for it.  That sandwich was absolutely marvelous!  The bacon was perfect, the fried green tomato's added a pop and the smoked aioli give it that extra pizazz.  I ate every bit of it and would go back there right now and get another if I could!


Oh and I can't forget to tell you about my Honey Thyme Palmer. It was yummy!  Definitely the perfect tea to go with my lunch.  I love how they give you the sweet syrup in a tiny little pitcher so you can add it to you liking.

Perfect lunch!  That is all I can say.  Can't wait to go back again!  I give it 5 stars all around!



No comments:

Post a Comment